The challenge started about 6 months ago when I decided once and for all that I was going to lose 60lbs by PAX. Then, using Twitter and Facebook, I invited my fellow geeks to join me. Now many of us are working to meet our goals while sharing our successes and challenges, supporting each other, and helping get #fit4pax! What’s next? We’d like to invite you to join us too - it's easy!
- Pick a PAX! PAX Prime 2010 is fast approaching, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start getting ready for PAX East or Prime of 2011. Getting healthy is a lifestyle thing.
- Set a measurable, attainable goal. From weight or inches lost to weight or inches gained, how far you’d like to be able to walk/run without fatigue, number of reps completed or flexibility – make it something you can track. Heck, even “walk around the block 3x per week” works!
- Get your friends on the Challenge. Start a group and go walking every weekend. Or make it a competition! Keep the categories simple, such as the most time walked in a week, or who can do the most push ups. Sharing your successes and stumbles help take the pressure off. Being open and accountable help make the road easier. Use the #fit4pax hashtag on twitter to keep us posted on your progress!
- Start a Food Journal and harness the power of the Internet (or your Pokewalker)! Figure out how many calories you need each day and how many you burn. Use web or mobile apps, even podcasts to help you stay focused. There are tons to choose from.
- Don’t forget to celebrate your wins. Create prizes like more game time to motivate yourself. And remember, you can always start over tomorrow!
Email us or follow us on twitter, and start the #fit4pax challenge! In the comments below, tell us what works for you and what doesn’t. We’ll do updates and follow-ups as PAX Prime 2010 approaches!