Some games have zombies, but are called other things. The Flood in Halo, Crackdown 2's Freaks, Mass Effect's Husks, and the Descendants in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. They may not have been called zombies, but they looked and sure acted like zombies.
Epicenter Games is creating a game called Rock of the Dead, a game best described as Guitar Hero meets Typing of the Dead. Cheesy and campy with Neil Patrick Harris and Felicia Day doing voice overs.
So at what point is it too much? I love a good zombie movie or video game as much as the next person, but are we over doing it a bit?
Coming soon in the fall or early 2011 we'll see these video games or DLC ;
- Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare Pack DLC
- Dead Rising 2
- Rock of the Dead
- Dead Space 2
- Plants vs Zombies for Xbox 360
- Dead State, a "ZRPG"
- Dead Nation
- Call of Duty: Black Ops "Hardened Edition" will include "Zombie Map Pack" which is assumed Activision will put out as DLC.
- Zombie Tactics
- Age of Zombies (Windows 7 Phone game)
- Zombie Attack! (Windows 7 Phone game)
- Zombies!!!! (Windows 7 Phone game)
- With a new movie coming, expect more Resident Evil games
Are we seeing the Zombie Apocalypse, and it just happens to be in video game form?